Thursday, April 2, 2009

Daisy Duke in a Doughnut Shop




In high school I would get home after a weekend party or get-to-makin out and Mamie would be waiting, money in hand. "Get in the car!" "Why where are we going." "Listen long one, get in the car and I'll explain on the way..."

And so the blogging begins... Mamie and I have had repeated conversations about several topics that tickle our fancy. One of those topics, although, has presented a rift in our relationship. The Danger of Doughnuts. I come form a family that has multiple personal-food-ities. Some of us would rather eat edamame soybeans and drink water when the other half enjoys a fat stack of pancakes and buttermilik syrup. Although every option satisfies the buds, nothing compares to the feelings that are felt with a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.


I hate the stuff. I feel as if biting into a doughnut is asking for a bottle of canola to be poured down your throat and rubbed into your lips for lubrication. Whether its the traditonal Doughnut Hut or the trendy KK, it doesn't matter. I literally hear my stomach screaming! "Please stop, it is eating away my stomach lining."

Let me tell you a story...Before I served my mission, we had a sisters trip. Just the five girls and my mother. We came to Utah, but in disagreeableness with the eating habits of the family, I was suffering from food allergies that kept me from eating sugar of any kind. I was strictly brown rice and chicken. Bland, but healthy. Before we began our excursion my mom and I decided to go to Wild Oats health food store while Nat filled up on gas. Jenn, Tanna, and Mamie went into the conveinence store to pick out a few snacks of their own. I never realized what a process it was to pick out the perfect gas station snack. They finally came to the mutual agreement that they would try Tommy's Doughnuts. Then came the hard part...do we get just one or should be get the baker's dozen? It was a really big deal. Needless to say they left with the baker's dozen and before we even got home had filled up on these "oh so delightful pasteries" I was not worried about missing out at all. I feel like doughnuts and most pastries in fact are just empty calories waiting to consume the immunity system and take over. Ask anyone with cancer if they have ever eaten a doughnut...or a hot dog for that matter:) I love my sister's, that is the gospel. But I don't have to love doughnuts...that's my constitutional right. Eating a doughnut is detrimental to my health and emotional well-being. Down with the doughnut!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment